Saturday, May 23, 2009

Perhaps Just Curious?


Some of my friends lovingly tease me for the significance which might be attributed, I suggest, to the chapter and verse placements of some key Bible concepts. They remind me that in the original language there was no such format, simply run-on text. But I have observed some things. Consider the following:

  1. John 3:3 - Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily,verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
  2. John 10:10 - The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy; I am come that they might have life,and that they might have it more abundantly.
  3. John 13:13 - Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
  4. Matthew 23:23 - Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
  5. Romans 5:5 - And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
  6. Romans 12: 12 - Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
  7. 1 Corinthians 13:13 - And now abideth faith, hope,charity (love), these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
  8. Galatians 3;3 - Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
  9. Philippians 4:4 - Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
  10. 1 Timothy 6:6 - But godliness with contentment is great gain.
  11. Hebrews 8:8 - For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
  12. Hebrews 13:13 - Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.
  13. Psalm 37:37 - Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.
  14. Proverbs 17:17 - A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
  15. Exodus 12:12 - For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the Lord.
  16. Deuteronomy 18:18 - I (God) will raise them up a prophet (Jesus) from among their brethren, like unto thee (Moses), and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
  17. John 15:15 - Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
Is there a suggestion of pattern here? Curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment