Monday, June 29, 2009

Devil's Dilemma


I am frightened and I swore I’d never fear.
I am frightened because Jesus Christ is near.
He has overcome my works;
He has shown anointed power.
Does he not know that this age is Satan’s hour?

Just today, he and disciples set afloat,
And by chance Christ fell asleep upon the boat.
I attacked with wind and waves;
Awesome thunderings were heard;
He awoke and calmed the tempest with his Word!

Once ashore, in the land of Gadarenes,
That young lad with schizophrenia was seen.
I had long deprived his brain;
Christ just set it back in line,
Casting out my demon spirits into swine.

All the people of the village came to see,
Evidence of that perverted youth set free.
He had kept them all in fear,
Lurking naked from the graves.
Now he thrills to spread the message, “Jesus saves!”

Next, returning to the port from whence he came,
Christ was met by crowds pressed close, praising his name.
An old rabbi begged his help:
“Heal my dying child,” he said.
Then Christ prayed for her and raised her from the dead!

This has been a devastating day for me.
He has taught of how God’s Holy Word sets free.
If they realize this truth,
If they stand on what’s been told,
They will reap from faith seeds planted hundredfold!

I have not seen such authority in life,
Since before I deposed Adam and his wife.
Once they walked in full dominion,
‘Til I praised the fruit forbidden,
And I duped them into sickness, death and strife.

It is clear his mission here is from the Lord.
How I fear this Jesus’ words won’t be ignored!
If his efforts in the earth
Spread the Holy Spirit’s power,
It is finished! I am come to my last hour!

1 JOHN 3:8
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment