The Shepherd Heart


I cannot rest,
In knowing that just one
Has left the fold.
And now the setting
Of the sun
Will leave him cold,
In some dark wood,
Deprived of all my good,
A wandering lamb.

I will depart,
And hasten to the place
Where he is trapped.
And there again I’ll
See his face,
And have him wrapped
In my warm plaid;
His heart no longer sad,
A rescued lamb.

LUKE 15: 4, 5, 6, 7
What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost. I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Note: When I think of the diligence of this shepherd, I am tremendously comforted.We are told at the end of Isaiah 53 that "he shall see of the travail of his soul and be satisfied." Every one of the intended flock shall be gathered and safe in the Heavenly Home. This speaks to his sovereignty and his keeping care.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reform School Reformed

A Look at Madam Bubble

Crissy is Clean