Father's Plan Unsearchable


I can only bless the willing.
I will not coerce my child;
But will draw him, and will woo him
By my Spirit, meek and mild.
I will have no puppet kingdom.
All shall be by love and choice.
Will each loved one take my offer,
And eternally rejoice?

I can only bless the hungry
With sweet manna from above.
For the searching, ever searching,
For my truth and peace and love.
Through the pangs of spirit-hunger,
He will come to find the source
Of the bread that never faileth,
Of the living watercourse.

I can only bless the ransomed,
Who in Jesus finds his worth.
Not in strivings or in doings,
Of the kind men praise on earth.
But who, taking Christ’s blood payment,
Comes to praise and understand
The completeness, and the justice,
And the mercy of my Plan.

I can only bless the serving
Who will flee all worldly fame,
And delight me with small love-tasks
Given solely in my name.
As he dons the towel of service,
Washing feet of worldly grime,
He will know the heart of Jesus.
He will know the joy sublime.

I can only bless the giving
Who will spend without restraint,
For the spreading of the Gospel,
For the healing of the faint.
With example of my giving
Of my precious only Seed;
That his death would bring a harvest,
And his life the nations feed.

I can only bless the watchful,
As eternity nears dawn;
Who has seen the promised Canaan,
And who yearns to travel on.
Like the wise and trusted servant
Who awaits his absent Lord,
And whose faithful expectation
Will receive a rich reward.

I can only bless the chosen,
Who are willing, and who thirst,
Who are blood-bought, and so eager
To perform my service first.
Who are givers of their substance,
Patient watchers of my Plan;
Who were seen in my omniscience,
Long before all time began.

ROMANS 11: 33
O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

PSALM 40: 7, 8
Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,
I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reform School Reformed

Crissy is Clean

A Look at Madam Bubble