Wonderful Pep Talk


(Thanks for this, G. Campbell Morgan - Luke 10: 18-21)

"I beheld Satan fallen as lightning from heaven.”

That is the whole story of Satan, from His view-point. "I beheld Satan fallen;" that is the origin of him, that is how he came to be what he is. "I beheld Satan fallen;" that is the history of him. "I beheld Satan fallen;" that is the destiny of him. They came back, and were a little astonished that the demons had been subject unto them. In effect He said that they need not be. He knew the truth about Satan; the initial truth, the abiding truth, the universal truth; truth from the standpoint of the government and authority of God; "I beheld Satan fallen." "Behold, I have given you authority!'" I beheld Satan fallen, "I send you," "I have given you authority.” That accounted for the victories they had gained.

Therefore He said more;-

"Nevertheless in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you."

Here the emphasis was surely on the "you." He was criticizing them, He was reproving them. But there is a wonderfully beautiful touch to finish with. He said:

"Rejoice that your names are written in heaven.”

Link that up with the thing already said. "I beheld Satan fallen from heaven," "your names are written in heaven." You are burgesses of heaven. from which Satan has fallen. In your relationship with Me, you are living in that realm that is higher than Satan. and master of Satan. Your names are written in heaven. Do not rejoice in that which is personal, in your success. Rejoice for evermore in the fact that you belong to the heaven, and the throne, and the God, and the Kingdom. which are victorious over all the power of the enemy.

Carefully observe the end of the story.

"In that same hour He rejoiced in the Holy Spirit.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reform School Reformed

A Look at Madam Bubble

Crissy is Clean