Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Son to His Father


Yes, Father.
I have sought your face.
I have heard your voice.
I have found your will.
I have delighted in following.
As a youngster at home.
In the carpenter's shop.
As the Romans came to town and went.
At the Jordan with John.
Stretched in the wilderness.
In the teeming curious crowds.
Alone, and seeking in night hours.
With the sick.
With the cynical.
When challenged as to my service.
When challenged as to the Kingdom.
When disappointed by friends.
When weary of their ambition.
In Gethsemane.
Troubled and sore amazed.
Telling the Governor the truth.
Enduring the pain,
As one wretched thief
Acknowledged our plan,
And you seemed removed.

But the plan was sovereign.
I sit again at your side.
We have glorious fellowship.
We hear from the family.
We delight to bless.
And oh, dear Father,
They are coming.
Your sons, daughters to the feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment