Robin's Egg Blue


My wife drove me to work this morning and we chatted for a while in the front parking lot. She chuckled to herself pointing out to me a robin feeding on the front lawn. So chubby, this one! Pulling away with gusto on a worm. Just how do they sound them out? The tug of war is always amusing.

Then an image hit me. This pregnant mamma bird would soon have a beautiful sky blue egg or two. The magic of it! A sort of dull gray and orange bird with heaven in her lyrical song gives birth to sky-blue. There is no sense to it. It is just a part of the artistic and diverse fun-and-games of our Creator.

I hadn't thought of those eggs in a while. Soon broken pieces of them will be found on the ground and little imploring red mouths in the nest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reform School Reformed

Crissy is Clean

A Look at Madam Bubble