Known by Him


Known by Him and claimed by Him. That is the path to victory, to overcoming.

Not healed by Him; prospered by Him; promoted by Him; given acclaim by Him.

Simply known...and we know Him. The original word suggests an intimacy, as in marriage.

The chapter on the Good Shepherd (John 10) suggests that the sheep know His voice and will follow Him and none other.

Have the under-shepherds caught this intense affinity? They are caregivers in every sense of the word and not just teachers or cheerleaders. They must have time to attend upon and not just to preach to their charges.

Feel this intensity of care in Ezekiel chapter 34:

13And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country.

14I will feed them in a good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel shall their fold be: there shall they lie in a good fold, and in a fat pasture shall they feed upon the mountains of Israel.

15I will feed my flock, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord GOD.

16I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed them with judgment.


I found my attention drawn recently to the Passover Psalms (the Grand Hallel, Psalms 113-118). At a late point in the reading one encounters the verse " 118:6 The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? "

And that is all our confidence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reform School Reformed

Crissy is Clean

A Look at Madam Bubble