Thursday, June 2, 2011

Spirit Baptism


(Taken from Faith That Prevails by Smith Wigglesworth)

"Serving the Lord with all humility of mind." None of us
is going to be able to be a minister of this new covenant of
promise in the unction and power of the Spirit without
humility. It seems to me that the way to get up is to get down.
It is clear to me that in the measure that the dying of the Lord
is in me, the life of the Lord will abound in me. And to me,
truly, a Baptism of the Holy Spirit is not the goal, but it is an
inflow to reach the highest level, the holiest position that it is
possible for human nature to reach by Divine power. The
Baptism of the Holy Spirit is given to reveal and to make real
Him in whom dwells "all the fullness of the Godhead bodily"
(Colossians 2:9). So I see that to be baptized in the Holy
Spirit means to be baptized into death, into life, into power,
into fellowship with the Trinity, where the old life ceases to
be, and the life of God possesses us forever.
No man can live after seeing God; and God wants us all
to see Him in all His glorious, infinite sufficiency, so that we
shall joyfully cease to be--that He may become our life. Thus
it was that Paul could say, "It is no longer I that live, but
Christ liveth in me." I believe that God wants to make real to
us all this ideal of humility where we so recognize human
helplessness and human insufficiency that we shall rest no
more on human plans and human devices and human energy,
but continually look to God for His thought, for His voice,
for His power, for His all-sufficiency in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment