In the Olive Press


Still sleeping?
Friends and brothers?
Though you were to watch with me,
And to share in this prayer garden
What the others might not see.

Still sleeping?
Simon Peter?
Coarse and headstrong at your best.
But beneath it all a leader
Who will one day meet the test.

Still sleeping?
Sons of Thunder?
Did you not once ask the seat
At my right hand in the Kingdom?
But you doze now at my feet.

Yes, sleeping,
As I watch you
Like a parent in the night
Checking children's needful slumber,
Trusting they will be alright.

Sleep on now...
There is comfort,
Strangely getting me prepared,
As I smile now in recalling
All the glorious times we shared.

Sleep on now.
What I do here
Will first bring you grief and gloom;
But the dark must yield to daylight.
I will leave an empty tomb!

Sleep on now.
Dear disciples.
I have loved you from the start.
And have shared the Father's vision,
And have given you my heart.

Enough now.
Time to rally!
Waken brethren. Watch me stand.
I am ready for the offering.
My betrayer is at hand.


(Picture: Olive Trees by Van Gogh)

Note: Gethsemane translates "olive press". That the oil might come...

See our new ebook, Prayerlessness at the following:

http://issuu.com/deedub51/docs/prayerlessness

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reform School Reformed

Crissy is Clean

A Look at Madam Bubble