The Footings


Let Psalm 101 stand as a rebuke, firm and clear, to the murmerings of the populist Emerging Church Movement:

1I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto thee, O LORD, will I sing.

2I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.

3I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.


Note that the initiative is God-directed. It is not man-catering. Sincere worship and honouring His priorities will bring the awesome benediction and presence of the Heavenly Father. And THAT must be what draws the people! All else is mere social club.

Note: For more on this controversy see our site at the following link:
https://sites.google.com/site/conversationabove/conversation-tares

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crissy is Clean

Reform School Reformed

A Look at Madam Bubble