Monday, March 19, 2012

I Heard That

Could anything be more terrifying than the day the sceptic and God-detractor hears the Almighty say "I heard that." All the smart talk and mockery voiced in the days of darkness, then exposed in the fullness of light in judgment. Too late to hide or retract. Judgment thundering forward. In the 35th chapter of Ezekiel the prophet speaks against Edom which had long mocked Israel and every one of her difficulties: 13Thus with your mouth ye have boasted against me, and have multiplied your words against me: I have heard them. 14Thus saith the Lord GOD; When the whole earth rejoiceth, I will make thee desolate. 15As thou didst rejoice at the inheritance of the house of Israel, because it was desolate, so will I do unto thee: thou shalt be desolate, O mount Seir, and all Idumea, even all of it: and they shall know that I am the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment