Psalm Sixty-three


(David Flees Absalom and is Cursed by Shimei)



Just such a sunrise

I’d head to the Place

Where priests and Levites

Launched their day

The crackling of fires

The bleating of lambs

The worshipers keen

On their way.




For me it was song

That opened the heart

And beckoned sweet thoughts

Of your love

The lute and timbrel

The pounding of drum

The cooing of small

Birds above.




And now an exile

I run from my son

With treachery’s price

On my head

A stark camp protects

A quick chill awakes

And sun-up, my hope

Is near dead.




But Glory I’ve seen

In your Holy Place

You can’t shut me out

For too long

A day comes and soon

To cherish your face

And thrill once again

In the song.




1.O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
2. To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reform School Reformed

Crissy is Clean

A Look at Madam Bubble