Sunday, March 13, 2016

Firewood Under the Watchtower


 
Joseph Franklin Rutherford


Had 2 Jehovah's Witnesses come to the door last weekend. Pleasant upbeat senior in the front and earnest magazine carrier in back. The literature gave them away. I was quick to tell them that I would not be a cooperative listener because they knew not of the divinity of Jesus (he was only the angel Michael in human form come at God's bidding to be the sin offering. This was NOT God the Son participating at great cost in the reconciliation.)
 
Oh but Sir the word "trinity" does not appear anywhere in scripture (a trained response).
 
I told her to check out John 17 and see whether or not Jesus was submitting and praying unto another Divine Person and Will.
 
Oh Sir I have read that chapter many times. Another lie (JW's are terrified of the I AM messages in that Evangel. John speaks most often of the Carpenter's divinity.)
 
Well Ma'am I suggest you read it again.
 
They closed their bags. I was not a good bet.
 
My Son Jordan was sitting behind in the living room with a wry smile on his face. "So Dad you just had to take another crack at it." We chuckled.
 
One would benefit by checking the site Got Questions about the topic of Jehovah's Witnesses. Comes in close to Unitarianism and Socinianism. Draws very heavily from Isaiah's prophecies of "no other God beside me" (Jehovah).
 
The inventor of this cult was an American named *Rutherford, I think. (*Correction: He was an early proponent. First influence was a man named Charles Taze Russell.)
 
At least twice annually my home of Kitchener holds conventions for these pleasant and motivated false messengers who "have not the doctrine of Christ". See what John's Second Epistle has to say about the proper response.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Jehovahs-Witnesses.html

No comments:

Post a Comment